Building a strong online presence for any business isn’t something that can be achieved overnight, it is also important to note that it isn’t something that can be achieved through having a website that represents your business alone. An effective online presence for businesses of all sizes requires an ongoing cycle of planning, implementation, monitoring and analysis. The point that we like to stress is that Once You Start online marketing – you cannot Stop!
Some of the foundations of businesses online identity are :-
- Social media profiles
- Directory listings
- Your website
- and other properties.
The internet presence of a company actually accumulates through active growth, which you achieve through the ongoing process of content creation …
- Press Releases
- Social Media and more …
… and online marketing campaigns.
Creating and maintaining an online presence requires commitment and will result in increased leads to your business as well as satisfied customers and ultimately increased revenues. With respect to development and implementation of the Online Marketing Strategy for a company consider these important factors.
- People all over the world are accessing the internet are online via desktop computers, tablets or mobile devices, your local target market will be shopping around online looking for your products or services.
- Online internet marketing is cost effective & no other form of marketing is so cost effective and can offer the same levels of return on your investment.
- Perhaps one of the most important aspects of online marketing is that it is measurable. Using various tools, you as a company, marketing executive or business owner can analyze previous campaigns, which will help fuel smarter campaigns in the future.
- The key to a successful online marketing campaign is to make sure that once your company starts with its online marketing campaign is not to stop!
In essence it is necessary to Plan, Implement, Monitor, Analyze and Repeat
The internet is to be treated as a marketing channel and like other marketing channels it does not offer a quick fix for your business, and it certainly does not conform to a ‘do it one and never again’ approach.
If you are going to make your business a success based on your strategic marketing activities via the internet, it is important to understand that it is an ongoing process. Your online presence needs to grow and evolve with the internet as it changes and adapts as new technologies evolve in response to demands and usage models from society. This is the reason why a business needs the discipline to plan, implement, monitor and analyze every aspect of its strategic online marketing activities.
Finally, here are some check points for you to take note of in order to keep your business online marketing activities on track.
- Plan & Think about your website, your social media profiles, your email campaigns, your SEO, and other methods & how will you use these over the next 30 days to achieve your business goals.
- Monitor & Make sure that all of your activities are being monitored by an application such as Google Analytics and Facebook Insights to see if you are meeting your targets.
Time spent learning from & analysing past internet marketing activities for your business will help you to develop more effective online marketing campaigns in the future.